CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Home three months!

We have been home three months today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! And tomorrow is a big day as Sadie starts at daycare. We have been to visit about 3 times just hanging out in the room and getting to know the kids. Sadie has three little boys in her class who are a couple of months older than her and there is one little girl who just started last week who is about her age. I think she will be fine once she realizes I will come back for her--the hardest part I think will be getting her to take a nap on the little mat on the floor! Hopefully she won't keep all the other kids up! So, hopefully she will have a good week and it won't be too traumatic!
Sadie's cousin (my niece), Shawna visited this week. Sadie enjoyed getting to know her and she always enjoys having someone else to perform for! I left Sadie alone with my friend Julie on Monday while I went to Daytona to pick up Shawna. She did great so hopefully that will be true of daycare as well!

Sadie learns new things everyday--it's amazing to watch her. She knows several signs now (although in her world many look alike and you have to use the context to figure out what she is trying to say), but she signs eat, more, banana, water, flower, wash hands, cat, dog, and she has kind of made up her own for "night-night". She puts her hand up to her face and kind of cups her cheek in her hand--so cute! She can point to her belly button, nose, eyes, ears, and knees, and gets it right about 80% of the time! She's finally learning to take bites instead of me having to cut up everything--well at least with a banana. It's hard to bite with her few teeth! And today we went out to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa and she finally got the idea of sucking through a straw! However, she didn't seem to get that she was supposed to swallow once she got it in her mouth! She kept opening her mouth and letting the milk run out! So, we will have to practice that one at home! So many things to learn--it's so fun to watch!

Enjoy some new pics below! I'll let you know next week how the week went!


Sadie and I had some friends over to root on the Colts! This was as close as we could get to dressing in Colts colors that day!

Sadie loves, loves, loves canteloupe! Here she is having her favorite snack!


I had to have a few of these shots to torment her with once she is a teenager!




It was chilly here last week (I know--nothing compared to what many of you are experiencing) but it called for Sadie's hat!






Sadie and Shawna



Just being silly...




We got the bubbles out this week! Sadie was very intrigued!

0 comments: