I felt the need to "record" our conversation on the way home tonight. I only recorded it in my head but I think it is fairly accurate...may have left out a few bits but you'll get the gist of our daily conversations! They crack me up!
Sadie did you have a good day?
I play with Brady.
You played with Brady today?
YEAH! I play with Monique
You played with Miss Monique?
Yeah…
Sadie do you want to go to Chick-Fil-A for dinner?
Yeah, chick-away. Home?
Well, do you want to take it home or eat at the restaurant?
Eat in dere…
Okay, we’ll eat there…
Chicken and fries?
Yes, you can have chicken and fries and fruit.
Sadie have milk?
Yes, Sadie can have milk
Chick away?
Yep, we’re going to chick-fil-a.
Brady chick-away?
No Brady’s going home with his Mommy. He won’t be at the Chick-Fil-A.
Chick away?
Yes, we’re going to the chick-fil-a.
Eat in dere?
Yes, we can eat in there…
Look Mommy, bus!!!
Yep, there’s a bus.
Fire truck?
Hmmm…I don’t see a fire truck
Fire truck help people.
Yes, the fire truck helps people.
Here, Mommy (offering a goldfish).
Thank you honey, that’s so nice of you to share your snack.
No, my nack.
I know it’s your snack.
Chick away?
Yes, we’re going to the Chick-Fil A.
Dat way? (Sadie likes to “guess” which way we’re going to turn.)
We’re going to go this way.
No, dat way (pointing other direction)
Well, the Chick-Fil-A is this way
Okay. Chick-away?
Yep, the chick-fil a is this way.
Right dere?
Yes, it’s right back there.
Mommy, RIGHT DERE!
Yep, there’s the Chick Fil-A, right there!
Eat in dere?
Yep, we’re going to eat in there. Oops! Boom (we went over a bump)
Poop? No poopy….
Not poop honey, I said Boom!
(child becomes mute in the Chick Fil A when I see someone I know and want her to show off!)
On way home—
Eat chick away?
Yep, we ate at the chick-fil-a.
More chick-away?
No, you don’t need anymore chick-fil-a (the child ate every bit of her 4 nuggets, bowl of fruit and half of my fries).
Sadie’s? (pointing at her seat belt).
Yes, that’s Sadie’s seat belt
Papa’s seat belt?
Yes, that’s Papa’s seat belt
Mommy’s seat belt?
Yes, that’s Mommy’s seat belt
Grandma’s seat belt?
Yes, that’s Grandma’s seat belt.
No Grandma
No, we’re not going to see Grandma tonight.
No, Papa.
No, we’re not going to get to see Papa tonight.
No Julie.
No, we don’t get to see Julie tonight.
Julie night night?
No, Julie’s probably still at work.
Mommy work?
No Mommy doesn’t have to work anymore tonight—not till tomorrow.
Grandma eat wash.
Grandma eat wash? (Okay, I never figured this one out…)
Home?
Yes, we’re going home. Hey guess what, Mommy’s singing show is on tonight!
NO Mommy’s singing show. Sadie’s shows.
Can’t Mommy watch her singing show?
Mommy watcha her singing show Mommy’s room.
Mommy has to watch her show in her room?
Yeah. Home?
Yes, we’re going home. When we get home we have to water the plants.
I hep water da plants?
Yes, you can help water the plants.
Yeah…Sadie out?
Sadie can get out when we get home.
Chick away?
Yes, we ate at the chick-fil-a.
Mommy, free trucks!!!
Yes, there are some trucks. How many are there?
Free!
No, there are one, two trucks (child refuses to acknowledge the existence of the number two. She claims to be three years old and skips two almost every time when counting).
Doesn’t work.
No, the garage door isn’t working.
Broken.
Yes, it’s broken.
Chick away?
Yes, we ate at the chick fil a...
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Conversations with a two year old
Posted by Dorie at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment