CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Guatemalan Independence Day!

September 15 is Independence Day in Guatemala and we celebrated with our Adoptive Families Group at a local Guatemalan Restaurant on Saturday. We had around 25 or 30 people there and it was a great time with some great food! More about that below.
In other happenings Sadie has decided this week to put an "a" at the end of all of her words that end in an "e" sound. So, I am mommia, she is sadia, she goes pottia, her hands get dirtia, you get the picture...it was kind of cute at the beginning but is starting to get a little annoying! I asked my speech pathologist friend what was up and she said she was just experimenting with her language...hmmmm...I am trying to ignore it!
I've mentioned before that Sadie is a night owl...on Friday night I took her to the USF Game. It didn't start till 8 so I knew it would be a late night! By the 4th quarter when I saw at least 2 children around 5 years old or so passed out on their parents laps, Sadie was still jumping up and down on me and high fiving the people behind us! It looked like the game was going into overtime so we got up with about 30 seconds to go and started heading out...it was already 11:30 and I just couldn't imagine keeping her there through overtime. As we got to the top of the stands, USF intercepted the ball and ran it back far enough to kick a field goal. We ran out to the TVs in the back and saw the game winning field goal for a win over Kansas!!! It was very exciting. Sadie stayed awake all the way home and by the time we got home and she fell asleep it was almost 1! She didn't get up till after 10 the next morning. It think she would prefer this schedule all the time. She'll do great in college!
Here we are at the Rincon Guatemalteco...that is cute little Anna in front.

Max and his mom Gloria.


Sadie waving her Guatemalan flag!


Gloria and Ms. Norma--our great cook!

Ryan, Ben, and Mia--Ms. Norma made us a cake...the kids were very happy!

Sadie with her cake...

Ben and Ryan--they are BFFs...I should mention these pictures are blurry because a small child got my camera and put her dirty fingers all over the lense!

Sadie has found a new treat--she loves popcorn. We like to watch movies on the weekends and share some popcorn..

Not a great pic but you can see how long her hair is getting!


A little preview of one of the props for her Halloween costume!!


I'm embarrassed to say I bought her a "Bratz" guitar--swore I would never buy anything of that brand...

All ready to go cheer on the Bulls!



Some videos we took recently. The first one is a compilation of several short videos we took one night outside--we made a movie out of it...it's kind of weird where it decides to cut from one to another but it's still kind of cute. The other one I was obviously trying to get her to sing.

0 comments: