Well, it's been over 6 months since I posted and I don't know if anyone will read this anymore (except my friend Ellie) but it's a good way to record our life! I'm going to try to get better at posting more often in the future.
We've had a good and busy 6 months. Sadie is getting so big--and so funny with the things she says. My favorite line for a few weeks was, "I beary, beary wuv you." She also likes to say, "thank you TOO much". Tonight she told me she was "exhausted" after riding her tricycle. And last week she said, "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I'm just amazed at the stuff that comes out of her mouth and that she is putting together.
Along with that comes trying to figure out the hard things in the world. Why she doesn't have a Daddy like everyone else, why her skin is a different color than Mommy's, what death means. All the things you'd like to put off for a while. The most touching comment was one night when we were laying in bed and Sadie asked me who my brother and sister were. I said that my sister was her Aunt Gail but that she had died and now she lived in heaven with Jesus. She looked concerned and said, "she died?" When I nodded, she thought for a minute and said, "I know, I'll be your family!" How sweet is that? I followed up by saying, "my brother is Uncle Bob." She looked pleased and said, "he has his own Chick Fil A store!"
She still loves to be active. We've recently completed swimming lessons and she's doing great. By next summer I'm sure she'll be swimming the full length of the pool.
We've taken 2 trips to the beach and one to Little Rock since I last posted. And we're looking forward to another trip to Disney in November.
More stories and happenings in our life are noted below!
Easter egg hunt with Anna and Lyla. Sadie doesn't mess around when there is competition taking place. In fact she's a bit of a poor loser (and winner). We're working on that...
All ready for church
Sadie loves to pick flowers for me. Whenever we go out on a walk I come home with all sorts of weeds in my hands!
Smelling the trees at Grandma and Grandpa's place...
Story time with Nana Julie though obviously no one is listening..
At the T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney. This is a fake smile as Sadie wasn't too sure about all the dinosaurs and noise...
We took a trip to Little Rock this summer to visit my brother's family. This is my niece Shawna with Sadie and Olivia who is my niece Christy's daughter.
Olivia and Sadie had fun in the sprinklers one night!
My favorite picture of the trip!
Eating one of Christy's yummy cupcakes!
Concentrating on the tricycle riding.
At our friend Julie's baby shower. Lyla, Sadie and Anna on a mission to decorate with their drawings on post-it notes. They were very intent.
Now that swimming is over we start a dance class on Monday. Sadie's practicing her moves.


2 comments:
Hey Dorie. I am still reading you, so don't stop writing. It is fun to keep up with you and Sadie and watch her grow up through these stories and pictures. How wonderful it will be years from now to look back and enjoy it all over again. Looking forward to your next post! ~Marcie.
Love it all! Thanks for posting! so glad Sadie is a part of our fam!
Post a Comment