CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hi all!
We are doing well. Sadie had her first "promotion" to a new class at daycare. She is now in the "older toddlers" classroom. She has a new teacher and is doing well although we had a couple of tearful mornings this week as she gets used to the new routine and new place. Typically she still goes into her old room with her old teacher in the mornings unless we are late (her new teacher comes in at 8:30). However, when I go to put her lunchbox in her new room she points at it and looks very concerned and says "no, no". She's fine of course after a few minutes and is getting used to the new place.
She has had some funny moments in the last couple weeks which you can read about below!
Sadie got a new table and chairs a couple weeks ago. I think it may be the nicest furniture in my house! It's a little big for her now but she'll use it for years and it's sturdy enough that I can sit with her and have a snack or do puzzles or color. The picture below is just to show the wall hanging I brought home from Guatemala.


We hosted our little Guatemalan playgroup at our house last weekend. Sadie did okay overall but it was really the first time we had lots of kids over playing with HER toys. It was a difficult day for her! As a result, Sadie was cranky enough I couldn't get her near the picture of all the kids. As you can see posing six kids ranging from 13 months to 2 1/2 is a bit difficult but above is Jonah, Hannah, Ryan (soon to have a baby sister home from Guatemala), Max and Mia. They are all precious!

Sadie is VERY into the beads right now! These beads have been hanging on my bathroom doorknob forever and Sadie would often play with them but sometime recently either I took them off and put them on her or she put them on (can't remember) and she's barely taken them off since. She puts them on as soon as she gets home and I have to make her take them off before we get in the car or go to bed (I've relented on letting them in the bathtub as that isn't a battle worth fighting!!)

Beads again...


and again...


and again...


and this time hiding behind the scarf! (She does have other toys than these blocks but they're her favorite right now)!

Sadie looked very grown up in this outfit! As you can see from some of the shaggy pictures above I am trying to grow her bangs out so we now have her hair up almost every day!


You can't really tell here but Sadie is carrying her chair behind her while walking. She thought it was so funny!

In one of her "hording toys" moments!


There's a story behind this one. I always take my shoes off when we come in the house and typically Sadie would immediately sit on the floor and point at her shoes or more recently say "ow, ow, ow" (note: that can mean off, on, out, or even ouch--have to use the context to figure it out)! Anyhow, yesterday we went out in the morning and she had her crocs on and we came home and she refused to take them off. If I tried (which I did) she cried, sobbed, stuck her foot out and said, "ow,ow, ow" (meaning on this time) or "MIIIINE". I relented and put them back on, tried to take them off again while she was eating, got a sobbing response again, put them back on, etc. It was time to take her nap and she still wouldn't let me take them off so, what the heck--I put her to bed with them on. I meant to sneak in and take a picture while she was asleep but I forgot and so when I walked in after she woke up and saw they were still on I had to go get the camera! She was very unhappy that I was more concerned about documenting her quirkiness than in getting her out of her crib after her nap!!

I finally pried the shoes off of her in the late afternoon and her feet were so sweaty they were practically dripping!!! She still insisted I put them back on and I finally got them off for good after dinner!!

But, when she woke up this morning and was eating breakfast she saw her shoes sititng on the counter (dumb Mommy for not putting them away) and immediately stared in with the "shooos, mine" until I put them on again with her pajamas as you can see above! Luckily she got over it today and let me take them off before her nap--good thing because I'm afraid with how much her feet sweat in them that she will get blisters!!!


We had some friends over for dinner last night! Unfortunately you can't see how cute Sadie's dress is her but you can see her cute hairbows! And there's those darn beads again!


Salay came over and Sadie was much more interested in her than in the past. She enjoyed trying to tickle her toes and saying, "wee, wee, wee".


Sharing her toys with Papa!



0 comments: