CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Birthdays, Big Girl Bed, and a Grumpy Model

Sadie really despises having her picture taken. When I get the camera out she actually starts crying, or at least whining and yelling "NO". She likes to look at the pictures and I've tried taking pictures of all sorts of other things to entice her but no dice so far. So, I get very few pictures of her smiling unless she is so involved in something else she doesn't care. Others can get away with taking her picture better than I can!
We've had a couple of birthday parties in the past couple weeks and we got a big girl bed! She continues to come up with new things to say every day. Last week we were in the car and she said, "Mommy crazy!" There was a song on called "I feel crazy so I jump in the soup" but not sure how that related to "Mommy crazy". Then the other night we were playing on her bed and she looked at me and said, "you're funny!" Cracked me up!!
Enjoy the mostly unsmiling pictures below!
She was being silly crawling under the table one night. She also gets down almost every night from dinner and says, "floor dirty" and goes and grabs her mop. Unfortunately her technique rarely helps the situation at this point!

Here's a typical camera face. I was even far away trying to sneak the picture with the zoom! I thought it was hilarious she was attempting to hit the ball with her piggy in her one arm!


I tried and tried to get her to let me take her picture on her new bed. She refused so we just got a picture of the bed.


And the babies...


And then I sneaked one in as soon as she was asleep!!! She looks so tiny in that big bed! Actually her crib is still out and she usually chooses to sleep there. I think we'll just have to take the crib down this weekend to force the situation. Tonight she asked to go in her bed but it was just a ploy to get me to lay down with her. I refused so there was a good half hour of drama but she's finally slumbering peacefully!


We went to a birthday party for Ryan a couple of weeks ago who is one of our Guate tot friends...in my usual bad picture taking mode, I neglected to get a picture of the birthday boy! There was a bubble machine there and Sadie was in her element chasing the bubbles around!




There was also this great minature train that we rode through the park.


Here's Gloria, Jose, Max and Jeffrey. Max was born in Guatemala. He's the one in the front.

Sadie and Mia going down the slide. They are the same size although Mia is almost a year older than Sadie!


Sadie loves a good curly slide!


Teeter tottering with Jeffrey.


Sweet Kali. She is the birthday boy's little sister. Both are Guate tots.


Ben and Sadie on the teeter totter. They were really into it!


This past weekend was our good friend Salay's first birthday! Here is the birthday princess with her two cakes!


Ummm....chocolate, where have you been all my life?

Whew...I need a drink...

More typical camera face. Sadie was enjoying her cupcake peacefully till I tried to get a picture.


No pictures Mom!!!



Sadie and the twins on the swings...


Happier and distracted...



Really happy!

Salay was loving the swings too!

There are a whole bunch more adorable pictures of Sadie and the other girls at this website: www.sadiepaine.shutterfly.com. I didn't take them which is likely why Sadie is smiling in them!


Saturday night we colored Easter eggs.


It looks calm but, there was yellow food coloring all over the floor and a bath that took place in the middle of the process...


After the clean up we added stickers to the eggs!!

Can't believe I didn't take a single picture of her on Easter!!! Oh well, next year...





0 comments: