Okay--I wrote the post below on July 31 and now it's August 21 and I never got around to finishing it! Since then we had a visit from my nephews Kevin and Jeff which was really nice! Sadie loved playing with her cousins although it's a different type of cousin play than most have! As you will see they are quite grown! Sadie has since figured out "can't" and "don't" and she has to do EVERYTHING herself. "NO, I DO IT" is her common refrain. Flush the toilet, get things out of the refrigerator, turn the TV on and off, turn out the lights, shut doors, buckle her seat belt. She has to be in charge of it all or there is DRAMA! The only thing she doesn't always want to do is walk! She still would prefer me to carry and hold her half the time. Especially in the morning! :) There are more stories with the pictures below and I'll try to get back in the habit of updating more regularly!
July 31
I've been a bad picture taker lately! We even had a visit from Uncle Bob and Aunt Marty and I didn't take one picture...
Sadie is doing well and continues to grow up. Her latest favorite phrases are "just a minute", "maybe later" and "maybe someday!" If I ask her to do something she doesn't want to do I often get "maybe later." Or it can be a question...if I tell her she can't do something (watch TV, eat something, etc.) she'll say, "Maybe later? or Maybe someday? It's very cute!
She is also on a kick of getting "can't" and "don't" or "don't want to" mixed up. So I hear alot of "I can't like it" or "I can't go night night!" I try to refrain from saying, "well, yes, you CAN"....
A couple weeks ago we went to the mall and Sadie got her first Build-A-Bear. she picked out an elephant. Luckily she didn't fall for all the clothes and only picked out a t-shirt...that saved me some cash!
Sadie is quite a tomboy...probably not a surprise since she's in school with so many boys. She's been waking up alot at night and crying so last weekend I told her if she slept all night and didn't wake Mommy up we could get some stickers...it worked and so we were at Target the next day picking out stickers. I had a variety for her to choose from...Dora, butterflies, flowers, princesses, etc. Sadie looks right past them and points to the pack that has a variety of balls--basketballs, baseballs, etc. and say "I want balls!" (on a side note...it seems to be helping...she's slept straight through 4 out of the last 6 nights to that is good!)
Just doing a little cell phone calling in the car...
Lexi, our 8 year old neighbor girl rang the doorbell one night and said they were cleaning things out for their garage sale and they found this chair and she wanted Sadie to have it. It was very sweet--it has Tinkerbell on it! In truth Sadie doesn't sit in it much but I tried to put it away a couple weeks ago and Sadie, screamed, "NO, LEXI" and wouldn't let me put it away. She loves to run down the driveway and yell "HI LEXI" when she sees her playing down the street.
At the zoo--we are quite into riding the carousel these days...Sadie talks about the "horsies" and how they go up and down, up and down! Obviously they are not all horsies!
Okay--you know these are old pictures as these are 4th of July pictures. Don't you love the bow? For those of you in the bow market we highly recommend http://www.dahollygbow.com/. Holly has 2 kids adopted from Guatamala and gives part of her proceeds to Guatemalan orphanages!


This was Sadie during the first half of the fireworks. She was not excited.
More of the fearful look...
By the end she had relaxed and turned to me after they were over and said, "I like fireworks!"
Sadie "playing the guitar" with John ClarkeA live shot!
Sadie got ahold of my glasses one night. This cracked me up!
I let Sadie lick the brownie spatula one day. She is a chocoholic like her Mama!
Ummmm....
Sadie likes to pretend to take pictures with any phone she comes across. She was doing the same with Kevin's blackberry!
Nothing like having two big cousins to throw her around!
and a year ago when Julie babysat on the same day and Salay came to play! We went to dinner and Sadie and Salay were so cute together. They were having a great time!

So, daycare is closed on Monday and then Tuesday was the expected Hurricane Fay which skipped over Tampa in the end! Daycare was closed but I still had to work so Sadie went to Anna and Lyla's house for the day. All went well except there was no napping!!! (poor Jen). This was Sadie around 6 p.m. passed out on the couch!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment