There are some weeks that just go by and then others where it seems like Sadie grows and/or matures overnight. The last couple weeks have been like that! At some point in the last two weeks she got tired of pointing and grunting and has decided to try and use words. I still don't understand all of them but she is talking for sure and repeating the same word over and over. She gets a little irritated with me when I don't understand but I'm slowly catching on!! Her teacher said the other day she asked Sadie where her sippie cup was and Sadie said, clear as day, "over there" and went and got it for her! I think I've heard an attempt at "I love you" but that could just be wishful thinking!
Today at lunch she drank from a regular cup (okay, we did have to change clothes before her nap since they were a little wet but she still did really well!) She continues to be a good eater and LOVES her fruit still.
She is a dancing machine!!! She dances at home, at school, in the carseat, wherever she hears some music that inspires her! Her personal favorite group is the Laurie Berkner Band! They sing a song about goldfish that Sadie gets very excited about and does all sorts of actions to (we have the DVD as well). I didn't even really teach her the actions either. She just picked them up from the DVD and started doing them in the car when she heard the song...very funny!
She has shown a sudden interest in airplanes and trucks. She points to every truck and says "duck". It gets a little old considering we drive the interstate to work/school and there are LOTS of trucks!!
On a not so good front, Sadie is on clothing strike--well at least pants strike. She has decided she's really rather NOT wear pants, shorts, or a diaper for that matter and so we have some interesting wrestling matches at times. There was an "incident" this week at daycare where the teacher was changing one of her classmates diaper and turned around to find Sadie naked from the waist down and fighting over her diaper with one of the boys in the class!!! Luckily she had just changed Sadie's diaper as well so at least it was clean!! Today I bought her some pull-ups to see if that would be exciting enough to keep her from rolling over with her butt in the air everytime I get the diaper off of her!!! Unfortunately, she has no interest in the potty chair yet. Every time I ask her if she wants to sit on it she just shakes her head and says, "no, no".
She has finally started allowing me to put her hair up in sprouts and pigtails which has been fun. She still points to it and says "owww" which means "out" but I just tell her how pretty it looks and she's usually leave it alone.
A year ago today I was in Guatemala on my second visit trip! She was just barely sitting up and couldn't crawl yet and was just beginning to eat some baby food. Amazing how much has changed.
Enjoy the pics below!

She's just getting into stickers!

"Helping" Mommy make some pasta salad!

The after affects of Sadie with her hair up are a little frightening!

Please, Mom--no pictures! My hair is a mess!!!

Can you give me a break? I'm trying to make a phone call here!

You won't believe what my mom did to my hair today!!!

Let's see--I can use this chair as a ladder...
I wonder if Im going to get in trouble for this???
I've reached the summit!!
I can't believe I came all that way! Now what am I going to do???
Safely navigating her way down the slope!
Showing off our pigtails--mommy's technique still needs some work! Dorie







0 comments:
Post a Comment