CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July all! Sadie celebrated her 18 mo. birthday on Sunday and she's doing and saying new things every day! I made a list the other day of all the words she can say...here are some examples:


NO--a favorite!

MINE--another favorite!

eat

wawa (water)

mil (milk)

bana or nana (banana)

more

eye (usually said while sticking her finger in mine)

nose

knee

e-bow (elbow)

wee wee (when pointing to toes--for wee wee wee all the way home...)

papa (Grandpa)

book

baby

shhh

shoes

baf (bath)

duck

bubos (bubbles)

bye by

boom (when something falls)

da-do (all done, all gone, finished, over, etc.--could be her food, the TV show, the end of the song
on the radio--anything that is over...)

dool--school

Dadie--Sadie

tatoo--thank you (usually said when handing me something because she's expecting me to say it!)

nack--snack

boon--balloon

teef--teeth

dump--jump

fow--flower


Obviously she is brilliant. She has her four molars all in so we're just awaiting eye-teeth now and then i think we're done with teething for awhile. We go to the Dr. for her 18 mo. check-up tomorrow so I can't wait to see how much she's grown. I KNOW she's gotten heavier!

We had a great time at a cookout and fireworks last night...enjoy the pictures from that and earlier in the week below:


Sadie colors alot at school but I haven't pulled out the crayons or markers much at home. Last weekend I got out the "wonder markers" which are quite wonderful! They are clear and only make color when you put them on the special paper. Kind of like invisible ink...So, no marks on skin, clothes, or furniture!


Sadie seems a little confused by that concept here...


Hmm...what if I stick the ends together...will that make a good mess?

Oh, Mom got me good...I can't make any kind of mess with these!

Hey, Mom--these markers don't work right!!!!


I wonder if I stick these in my hair the way I do with my food if that will make any kind of mess???

Okay, Mom--you got me, I'll color on the paper now...


Actually, this is pretty fun...


Okay, that's lookin good...


Let's see what other masterpieces I can create...


Lovin on piggie...


Helping Grandma sweep the porch...


Hey Papa? Are you comin' out?


I need to rest here with Grandma cause that was some hard work!


We went to our friends Heather and Patrick's for a cookout last night. Here are Lyla and Anna all decked out for the party!

Anna kept kissing this frog but no prince appeared!



Baby Salay takes it all in...


Snuggle time with Aunt Julie...

Sadie is not always the best "sharer", however, she had no problem sharing her goldfish with Claudio...




The fireworks were at a baseball stadium in Dunedin and Sadie enjoyed walking barefoot in the nice grass--she doesn't get to do that usually because our grass is...well...some of it's a little on the bare side...but also, most of the grass in Florida isn't soft and nice like this!

Salay's not sure she really wants to watch the fireworks...


Yes, it was really hot and I am very sweaty...Sadie was pretty mesmerized by the fireworks. Didn't seem scared but didn't get excited either...just sat and stared. You can see Anna and Lyla in the background taking it all in as well. Salay fell asleep!







0 comments: