We've had a busy few weeks and a somewhat busy weekend but we had some time to be lazy this weekend too! See the pictures below for the stories. Hope you all had a great day!
Dorie
We were doing really well on the potty but then we regressed a little. Once we get through the holidays, the 2nd birthday, and the transition to the next daycare classroom we're going to get serious about it!!
Just hanging out and looking cute!
Our friend Julie had a birthday last week so we all went out to dinner. Salay and Sadie had fun playing with Julie and Heather!
Sadie loves taking her shoes on and off...as soon as she gets home she rips off the shoes and socks and then usually puts some shoes back on with no socks...drives me crazy!
We have had a Signing Times video forever that I pulled out recently and Sadie fell in love with it all over again. Here she is singing her favorite song "The Pets I Love". She does all the signs for the pets--bird, fish, cat, dog, horse and frog and then at the end you will notice how she is holding her hands out and dancing just like the woman on the show! It's very cute! She is singing along with her CDs and just singing on her own more and more!
On Sunday we ventured to the mall to pick out a special ornament. Not something to do two days before Christmas as the selection is a little thin but we still lucked into an Elmo ornament that she picked out! But, our stop at the Disney Store resulted in a new Minnie Mouse phone. This was the first time I didn't put her in the stroller in the mall and she walked around the whole time with her phone to her ear just like everyone else!! Everyone cracked up at her!
On Monday morning we just hung out and were lazy...Sadie was a true couch potato--eating and watching TV!
I decided I wanted to make homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning and Sadie was annoyed when I was trying to work on them and kept trying to get my attention so I decided to let her help! Oh my! You can see it was a bit messy but no lasting damage!! She had a great time "kneading" the dough!
Ewww...too sticky Mom...I think we need some more flour!
Here let me get all the dough off the spatula!
I think this is about the right consistency Mom!
I decided to start the new pajamas on Chrismas Eve tradition...here Sadie is opening them!
Dora jammies! Cool!
We let her open her stocking while the rest of us finished breakfast!
Play Doh was a hit!
I got her this very cheap kaleidoscope which she kept holding right in the middle of her two eyes! Very funny!
I got Sadie some boots--a last minute impulse buy I couldn't resist!
Opening another gift...
Helping Grandma with her present!
ohhhh...a tiara...
...and earrings from Olivia!! Thanks Olivia! By the look on Sadie's face she's realizing it's painful to be beautiful!
I'm quite proud of my willingness to let Sadie get messy! (It's not my natural inclination!) On Christmas afternoon we decorated some cookies!
She was quite intent on the job...
A beautiful candy cane!
Ummmm...have to taste my creation....
In the end she preferred the non-frosted variety...she also refused to touch the cinnamon rolls. I''m going to have to teach her that a cook that won't eat her own food is not to be trusted!



0 comments:
Post a Comment