CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy Second Birthday Sadie!

I can't believe Sadie is two already! What a big girl! We had a small but nice little gathering yesterday to celebrate. Unfortunately, in the middle of it someone said, "her eye looks red" and sure enough, she has pink eye! So, no school today which she enjoyed because she was really unhappy this morning when I drug her away from her new kitchen to go to the doctors! See the pics and stories below!
Just being silly at dinner one night!

Sadie has taken to "simming" like the "ishees" in the bathtub--or on the kitchen floor. (That's swimming like the fishes for those of you who don't speak 2 year old!)

Grandma got Sadie a new doll for Christmas that came with some cups, plates, etc. Sadie spent quite a bit of time on Sunday mixing up some drinks and feeding her babies!

Here baby, have some of this!

She kept taking her sippy cup and shaking it into the baby cup!



Concentration!


Well, this is how I rung in the New Year--I finished putting this together around 12:30 a.m.


Sadie wasn't sure what to think at first but it didn't take her long to start exploring her new kitchen!



the burners make different noises depending if you put a saucepan or frying pan on them! Very cool! There is also a working light under the cabinet. Sadie loves turning this off and on!


Gotta check out the phone!


Mrs. Potato Head is a new treat!

Sadie also got some cool fruit and vegetables with a knife and cutting board. You can "slice" the fruit with the knife (it velcros together) or some of it peels off! She loves doing this!

She got a cute little picnic set!


Julie was the designated helpful package opener



Lyla wanted to be princess for a little while!


I think Salay is working on her "Go Bulls" sign!


Salay thought Mrs. Potato Head was very cool!


The girls having cake--unfortunatley I forgot to get a picture of it but it was a Dora cake!



Poor Anna had to sit in the low seat!

"Mom, I think I've had too much cake and partying! And look at my shirt! I got a little messy with the frosting!"


Salay is going to be walking in no time!


Anna's checking out the Winnie the Pooh light chaser!

I finally got Sadie to pose with other children! Peer pressure finally worked! I"m sure the pictures will get a little better as they get older!

And then there was a tussle over a pepper grinder...

"Ahh, finally those other people are gone and I can cook in peace!"


"And now I've got this pepper grinder all to myself!"


"Here baby, taste my delicious cooking!"


"I just want to surround myself with all my new toys!!"

All tuckered out and ready for bed in our "feet" pajamas--it was cold last night for us!







1 comments:

Katie said...

Wow -- she is getting big. Love all the pics !!